Friday 3 February 2012

Neon Pink Nail Polish - forever hunting

Over the years I have searched & searched for the perfect neon Pink nail polish.
You really wouldn't think it would be this hard... Maybe I'm being too fussy but dammit - I know what I want!
The perfect neon Pink from my past was by a Swedish brand called 'Viva La Diva' in #11.
As you can probably guess - I got it in Sweden & can't even order it online :(

The second best contender was a random find in Superdrug a few years back by an Australian brand called 'Bloom' in the shade 'Molly' - a really poster paint neon - perfect! ... Discontinued gaaah!

The 3rd and final polish in the running is by Pixi beauty in shade no.13 - really good neon Pink although not the smoothest to apply.  I can only get this via the website but there's still 'something' missing...

I've ended up ordering what I hope to be a super duper pick-me-up bright Pink shade from Butter London - Disco Biscuits.
I ordered from Amazon & have high hopes :)
I've fallen foul of bad colour representation while buying polish online so many times I don't know why I'm getting so exited ha!
However - fun post is still fun post :) Even the anticipation of delivery is kinda fun... Just me?

Strictly speaking this is still not a Neon Pink but it sure looks super bright so maybe it will tide me over till I track down the elusive Pink perfection :)


2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the 'Poolside' collection from China Glaze? Now THOSE are some neons!

    If you don't like those you could always pick up a jar of MAC's neon pigments and add them to clear polish to make a custom neon color for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooooh!! Thanks so much for pointing me towards the poolside collection - the Pink is AMAZING!! I'm ordering that for sure :)
      I also love the idea of mixing my own colours - I've not tried that before, great idea :)
      JJxx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments!
If you can't think of what to write feel free to just ask me a question or say hi :)