Friday 10 February 2012

Top coat searching!

Sooooo... What do I look for in a top coat?
1. Durability
2. Super fast dry
3. Doesn't smudge nail art!

This is quite a tall order it seems...
I did treat myself to a bottle of the ultimate top coat 'Seché vite' last year but, as expected, it was gloopy & unusable within 3 weeks. No Bueno.
I'm also not comfortable with the health warning on the side of the box!

After doing a lot of research I ended up trying Sally Hansen's 'insta-dri top coat' and have been so impressed with it!
It dries super quick & lasts so much longer without chipping.
It's never smudged any of my hand drawn nail art :)

I've read about people having their Konad stampings being smudged by topcoats but I guess I'll have to test it out when I finally treat myself to a stamping set!

Anyway - my problem this week was that everywhere seemed to be out of stock of my sacred insta-dry! Even on the feel unique website!

I went searching for an alternative but found conflicting reviews on most products.
I'm pretty interested in trying an OPI top coat but the price makes me wince a bit!
I also picked up on Nubar, Essie & Poshe - if you have tried any of these or have a top coat you think is amazing I'd love to hear your advice :)

I got ultra frustrated trying to decide what to order but needed to pop into town... I went in my tiny local chemist & got a nice surprise - Sally Hanson Insta-dry right there on the shelf!!

Shop local - who'd of thought?! :)

JJxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!
If you can't think of what to write feel free to just ask me a question or say hi :)